Visual content marketing is one of the hottest digital marketing trends these days, with the ever-increasing popularity of visual social media such as Pinterest, Instagram, Vine and many others. Business owners and digital marketers alike are very busy in maximizing these websites for their businesses.
Here’s a challenge: you sell a product or service, but you’re not sure it’s something that is photogenic. Or, you sell something that you know to be photogenic, but you don’t know how to get traction for it. You know people are making money with photography in social media, and you’re scratching your head going, “how does that work, exactly?” Maybe you’ve wondered if you can have your business on Instagram? Maybe you’ve wondered how other businesses market effectively on Instagram, Pinterest, and other photo-sharing websites?
In short – visual content marketing is hard. We tried in the next two hours to demystify how to make engaging visual content by looking at some of the best who has ever done it – record album designers.
Troy and Bryan Talked About:
- How to think about your products/services in a visual way
- How to trans translate your vision into a strategy for using photography in your marketing
- Elements of lighting, composition, and framing, so your photographs have maximum impact
- How a simple photograph can cause so much intrigue and mystique, people will come to you to ask what you do
- Methods to get others to help you tell your brand story visually
- How to turn the photographs you create and share into leads that ultimately convert into revenue
- Michael Doret – Illustrator of the KISS Album Cover
- LetterCult’s article about Michael Doret’s illustrations and lettering (yes, fonts can be visual communication)
- Abby Road Album Cover
- Pantone Colors
- Colorhexa – Great for identifying colors and other elements of the color palette
- Bonnie Tsang – Pinterest Website